2013년 8월 8일 목요일



New Year’s Resolution

            As I became eleventh grader, I decided my mind to be a new person.  I made several New Year’s Resolutions that make me into a better person. My first New Year resolution is getting healthier. I can say that the word “Healthy” is the most important word in our lives.  The reason of the importance of getting healthier is to remain as free of disease and illness as possible and to have as long a life expectancy as you possibly can. Like this reason, I want to prevent any painful diseases, so that my life can become much enjoyable and energetic. There is lot of ways to have a healthy life style. First, eating good food can be helpful to getting healthier. Eating good food provides the essential nutrients that your body needs to create new cells, clean toxins, and to function our body well. With these ideas, I will try eat a lot of vegetables and food that have great amounts of nutrients rather than eating junk food or instant food. Second, exercising regularly also can be a good way to become healthier. Doing exercise reduces depression of our body and instantly lifts mood due to the production of endorphins, which is the feel-good hormones of human’s body. Also, exercising leads us sleep better at night. The physical activity will ensure that our body and mind are ready for a comfortable and great night’s sleep. While we sleep, it decreases our stresses and refreshes our body to start new day easily.Also it provides growing hormones that make me to be taller and healthier. In this school year, I will make plan to have a exercise regularly such as playing soccer and golf and volleyball day by day at least one hour per day.

            My second New Year resolution is getting good grade in school. In eleventh grade, there is bunch of difficult subjects that I never experienced before like AP statistics, chemistry, and AP literature etc… To get good grades form these difficult subjects are that read a textbook whenever I have spare time and do homework carefully. I guess that every problem in quiz and test usually come out from the textbook or homework that teachers give us.  Tests and quizzes plays important roll to get a good grades. The reason why that I want to get good grade is university, which means getting better grades can lead me to get into a high level colleges. Everyone can tell that going into a high level college can provides huge amounts great opportunity that can be great sources for the future. Not only that but also I will study more about SAT, which is Scholastic Aptitude Test. The SAT test plays important rolls to get into high level colleges. My wannabe score in SAT in this year is two thousand. There are three sections in SAT test which are Critical Reading section, Math section, and Writing section. Especially, I want to put much effort to Critical Reading sections, because it is my worst section in SAT test compared to any other sections. To achieve good scores in Critical reading section is memorize vocabularies and read lots of books. I have word smart in my house which is the book that has a lot SAT vocabularies.  Critical Reading section tests students about how much that student can understand about passage or sentences of the section. So, reading lots of English books and memorizing vocabularies can improve my understanding skills of English problems, so that I can solve the problem much easier.  I will try to do my best to follow those goals and I can be born again as a NEW PERSON!!!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기