2013년 10월 30일 수요일

                                                                 


 Big School or Small School?



                               Today’s blog’s topic is “if you have choice between big school and small school, what would you choose? Hm… both schools have a lot of good advantages. Big school has a lot of students that we can improve our social skills. However, small school has a few students so that we can more focus on our academic excellence. What I think is big school has much good advantages than small schools. What I most like from big school is most big schools usually have a lot of students. If I have a lot of students or friends meet, I also have a lot of good advantages too.
                         First, my friends can help me from a lot of difficult kinds of things. If I have some difficulties in my homework or classwork, I can ask to a lot of my friends. Also, if I go college, I would have a lot of problems. For sure… Of course, if I go new college to study, I won’t use to new place and colleges. If there are a lot of students to help me then I will get use to my college much faster and easier. In sports, for example, players at all levels of the game are scouted as they are all good – there is enough talent to create a powerful team from first string on down. College recruiters know this and seek out these large powerhouse teams and programs to recruit from as they get more bang for their buck. The third string player on a large school’s football team can very likely stand a better chance at a scholarship than the star player on a private or small high school’s team. My favorite sport is soccer and I always wish to play at big fields with good players when I go college. If there are a lot of people of course there will be a lot of good players too. They will teach me some skills to make me improve.                     
                     Also, since these schools have the resources to do so, they can offer a greater variety of majors and courses. Even if you know what you want to study, it’s great to have lots of options for elective courses. This is a chance to explore subjects you probably wouldn’t have the chance to otherwise. And if you are lost on the major for you, you won’t be limited in your choices and may stumble upon the perfect fit.Besides that, many big schools have state-of-the-art research facilities that you can’t find anywhere else.  Consequently, the school is more likely to be on the cutting edge of research in a field you are interested in.  This is especially appealing if you plan to take a lot of lab courses or perhaps do an internship in a lab.  On the humanities side, a bigger school typically offers large libraries stocked with a plethora of books.  You also might find distinguished or famous faculty members at a big school.  These professors can also be found at smaller schools, but it tends to be less likely.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기